Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alright, one more....

So here I am, just trying to solve world hunger, when I get a text from a reader who was mildly insulted by something I recently wrote in my last blog. I was totally taken aback and surprised for 2 reasons; 1, someone actually reads my blog and 2, what I said was, in fact, quite untrue.

It actually worked out pretty well though because my pending apology and correction led me to think about another accessory that I completely forgot about and that I will absolutely never leave home without.....Amazing music!

Just think about it, how interesting or intriguing is someone who has awesome music? They're the cats ass, hands down! And you my friends need to be that person. When you thump a good track in your car, house or at a party, no one really notices what you're wearing, they just hear the music and immediately associate it with you being someone who is potentially dope. So if your music selection needs a little makeover, take note of some of my faves below and your cool points will definitely increase regardless of your style.

First off, because I love Edmonton, and I think they're scene is ridic, I'm going to list my fave Ed DJ's so that if you ever find yourself in the city of champions you can go see them rock up close and personal.

DJ Erin Eden! So here's where my apology comes in. Erin and I go way, way back, and in my last blog I mentioned that All Out DJ's were my fave in Edmonton. Sorry Eden, thats totally not true, you are. I mean how sweet is a DJ where you can go watch The Office and drink wine with her at dusk and then go see her destroy the decks at night (as long as you get there before 3AM of course....) Everyone, and I mean everyone needs a DJ friend like Erin!!! And don't let that mean glare above scare you, I don't think she bites, although she is rather stingey....

Eddie Toonflash is dope. He spins saturday nights at Play and is the hottest, gayest DJ in the universe! I 100% guarantee you a good time if you go see him rock out with his.....

Obviously Tianna J is a total smokeshow, but believe me players, that bitch can spin too! She always brings a lot of energy to every show and can truly party you, your children and your grandchildren into. the. ground. And I just adore her cranberries Zombie remix...

A couple others of serious note in Edmonton:
Chad Cook- Seriously amazing folks! If you wanna dance, and dance hard all night long, check him out, I'd truly have his babies.
Dusty Grooves- 10 outta 10, wicked funk!
Soul'd Out DJ's- I've spent many a tuesday night on the dancefloor at suite 69 with these fellows, don't ever miss a chance to see em' spin.
Shy- she's fairly new on the scene, but don't let this little sparkplug fool you. I love a beautiful woman that can play and play with you she will.....

Now if you don't get to Edmonton much and just want to beef up your playlist, download some of these badboys.

WWWOOOWWW!!! This is the grandfather of mashups my friends, he will truly expand your musical comprehension.

Kid Millionaire (Steve Aoki). I've seen him a few times and he puts on quite a show! Technically he's quite exquisite, and his mixes take in many genres. Definitely peep him out.

Check out their Feel Good Inc. remix! It's so good I can't even speak while it's playing, so don't talk to me!

He remixes a lot of popular pop tracks and I love his style. His Gimme More (Britney) and Rock your Body (J.T) tracks are almost sexual.

Le Castle Vania! I don't know what it is about this kid but I love his tracks, they're cool, calm and collected.

You have to check out their Feathers (Coheed and Cambria) mix, it made me wanna be a better man (if thats possible...)
I can't even talk about Fake Blood, he's that exquisite. Anyone who is in Edmonton March 11th and isn't at this show is no longer a friend of mine.
Designer Drugs are from L.A and bring a ton of dirt to their tracks. If you like feeling like you've been camping for 7 straight days give 'em a listen. So good.

Deadmau5 or dead mau 5 as my friend likes to call him (sorry BFL!!), and it's deadmouse for everyone else, is easily in my top 3 of all time. He's Canadian, which is bizarre, and somehow just continually produces amazing track after track, year after year. Tracks of his that you absolutely MUST download and are not negotiable are as follows:
I Remember
Move for Me
Not Exactly
Ghosts N Stuff

And last, but certainly not least, is the grand and almighty A-Skillz!!! This guy fuses funk, hip hop and breaks and boasts insane scratching and mixing skills. Peep out his squeeze me remix! Like Wow!!! I once stayed up an entire night listening to just that track, its. that. good.

So this truly wraps up my accessory saga, I hope all you players enjoyed it and took some of my suggestions to heart. I know a lot of you just think I'm here blabbing away about my excessive partying and lifestyle, but these accessory's have really worked for me, so use em!



1 comment:

  1. Glorious post. Obviously music is your #1 accessory choice...followed by all kinds of random diddy's.
    Honestly, I've only heard of a few of those DJ's...but now I am enlightened. Thanks.
    Put some tunes on my ipod already!!!

    ReplyDelete