Monday, February 1, 2010

Men in Tights!

I know the first thing that comes into your mind when you read that title is the ultra lame Robin Hood knock-off movie that stares that guy from The Princess Bride (has he ever been in anything again!?!) and furthermore, the fact that men cannot, under any circumstance, wear tights. Well my friends, all 3 followers of you, watch and observe, for no one can pull off tights (and fur simultaneously for that matter!) better than my ultra beautiful and gay friend Matty.



"OMG, I'm wearing tights and a fur stole!" Well thats not exactly what he said before I snapped this beauty but he should of! I love the way he uses one color palette for the whole outti, when women wear tights they tend to play off a color contrast, but because men in tights is a fairly new concept I think initially, the less attention one draws to them the better (but don't be scared!!!). People should see you and think, "wow, thats a killer outti, whoa...wait a tick...is he, no? wait, but... Yes! Yes he is actually wearing tights. How magnificent." Or something along those lines. Unless you're Matty of course, then you just wear the boldest pair of tights you have and tell people people to deal with it (and enjoy the preview of the goods of course...).




Animal prints are all the rage, so this outfit is very well played. And again, i love the fur stole, it kind of makes me think he's an actual animal, like a Liger or some sort of a beautiful cat man amalgamation. Either way, he (it) can take a bite outta me any day.






"Hi, i'm Matty, don't you wish you were as gorgeous as me?" Again, not what he said exactly, but i like to think he was thinking it. So if you're going to just wear some nice plain, black tights then accessorize that shit with something really colorful and over the top, like this multi-colored, multi-dimensional vest. And big, open boots are always a necessity when wearing tights, any open tongued boot will do, but an old school-Marc Jacobs-wearing-Doc Marten boot will probably do you best.

Now I'm not sure where Matty's clothing is from (i can ax him if you want me to), but I'm sure it's mostly vintage, and thus acquired everywhere and anywhere. The trick again, and what Matthew does so well, is to not make it look like you're wearing vintage, so that the beholder has to ponder as to whether it is as such, or designer. Always keep them guessing, and always try and dress just a little outside your comfort level, you will be surprised with how much more confident you will become.

2 comments:

  1. Matty's so angry! I like it. (Espesh the leopard tights and primitive man pose)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I was thinking. Angry caveman. Ha!

    ReplyDelete