Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Unadulterated Randomness.

Well Ladies and Germs (remember that awful joke people used in the 50's and thought it was so clever and hysterical?) it has been quite a ride, but this will sadly be the last installment in my accessory saga. And what better way to wrap things up then to unveil my favorite, yet random and dare I say timeless, accessories? So sit back and enjoy, wait, maybe take a few notes, cause I'm about to unleash some diddy's on your punk asses.

The Pipe! Totally priceless and totally unprecedented. Like honestly, who wears a pipe around town? You do, thats who, and you get mad comps on it too. Oh wait, thats me, but it could be you if you heed my advice! I find that it adds just the right touch of charm and elegance, kind of like that Dos Equis guy from the beer commericals, total class. (P.S That is me in front of the All Out DJ's, best DJ's in Edmonton hands down, check out their facebook page!!!)

If you're in a pinch for an accessory (like I was here at Shambhala) you have to improvise. Now don't to be afraid of this people, embrace it, for it is where you become your most innovative. Like above, I was in a rush to see a DJ, I was scouring the campsite for 1, just 1 accessory to complete my otherwise drab and dreary outfit, when there it was, glimmering like a diamond in the trees....pink panties. I'd like to say they came straight off of some woman and onto my head (cause it would sound way more bad-ass), but they didn't, and it doesn't really matter. What matters is that, due to extenuating circumstances I was forced to dress off the cuff, and behold the glory that it produced.

Confidence! No matter what outti you wear, wear it with confidence, that is truly the best accessory you can sport.

I love fur stoles, and by-golly I'm not afraid to say it! However, I just don't wear them enough, and that is truly a tragedy of epic proportions. See the beautiful thing about fur stoles is that they go with everything; t-shirts, suits, button ups, tank tops and even no top. Try and get one with a nice dark hue to it like I have above. Wear it at first just around the house to get the feel for it, then try wearing it to the convenience store, then maybe the mall, and then.....out and about! Careful though, be sure to wear sparingly, the fur stole can be easily overdone.

You have to look closely at this pic to see the unadulterated randomness....can you see it? No it's not that shit-eating grin I have on my face, it's the bracelet on my wrist given to me by non other that my BFL (who is coincidentally in the pic with me). A home-made bracelet, made with love, and characterized by a specifically tailored insider phrase, is virtually priceless and therefore, appropriately accessorized to absolutely anything. Don't leave home without it!

Oh ya, you saw correctly, don't look away in horror just yet, those are indeed....bifocals! I find they have the best shape, lens' and frames to fit any look, and you can find them for dirt cheap at almost any value village or vintage shop. One tip though, they make you feel drunker than you are, so maybe cut back a bit on the shots just for the night.

Everyone needs to own a sailor hat! End of story.

I like a good manbag/murse/"it's European" (Seinfeld..). They keep all your essentials (super slims, vicks inhaler, lighter, camera, sunglasses, money and personal notebook) in 1 handy and convenient location. They can also add a touch of european style if you get a nice small leather one and wear it crisply on top of your outfit. Be sure not to get one too big or it does just straight up look like a purse, and casually/fashionably sporting one of those is still a few years and seasons away....

And last, but certainly not least, a lover! Here I am pictured with mine above, and damn don't I look good next to her!?! A lover can be quite the accessory for a straight man(however, if you're straight, your lover also has to be straight!), but this is one accessory you have to treat with care cause the better it looks, the better you look.


2 comments:

  1. No lie I was talking about going to the eye doctor right before reading this post...and I am secretly hoping I need at least reading glasses so I can get my benefit package to cover the $400 Tom Ford sunglasses I can't stop thinking about...and maybe, just maybe I will need bifocals. One could be so lucky.

    I must say though that I do disagree with the 'overdoing of the fur stole'...I don't think there is ever a case where one isn't appropriate, if not epic.

    And lastly, you probs could have done a post on all your glorious bowties- those are a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the fur stole motion, Shelly. I have a number, and I can't (and will not) stop wearing them. In fact, I'm wearing one now. But I have been known to receive criticism such as, "Gee, Matt, you really took garish to the next level". I consider this a compliment.

    ReplyDelete