Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bandanas?!?!


This is the first of say...... a 4 or 5 part series, that focuses squarely on accessories. Good ones, bad ones, heinous ones, outrageous ones, necessary ones, living ones and everything in between. See, accessories can truly make or break an outfit, and I feel that people are just not putting enough time, energy and resources into them.

A wise fashionista once told me to take off at least 1 accessory from my outfit everyday before leaving the house so as to not overdo my look. However, with the more colorful and flamboyant trends sweeping the world, I feel like excessive accessives are acceptable (only if you can pull them off!!!!), and I want to show and examine what I wear in my everyday life to see where I went wrong (if i ever did...) and where I went right.

So without further rambling, I give you.....Bandanas (ewwww, i know, it even sounds bad rolling off the tongue, but bear with me).

If you're going out dancing (which I do a lot of, and everyone should do more of!!) then sporting a bandana is a good move. Have you ever leaned in to talk to someone, or vice-versa, at a club or where ever and their sweat drips all over your face? Sick. Like so sick. The ol' BD (bandana) takes care of that prob and simultaneously allows you to look fashionable.

See, again here, ladies everywhere cause I'm looking good and totally non-sweaty. However, do choose your BD's carefully people, the one I'm wearing above isn't that good, but in my defense I was at Shambhala and didn't have a lot of options.

Then there's the old man/hippie look that doesn't typically get a lot of play because of its skill level, but is still a good move. If you have a big grandpa style cardigan you can practically get away with murder in the fashion world (its true, i literally killed a man and got away scot free, not even questioned...) Just pair your cardy with a rather stylish BD, longer hair is usually best with this look, and hit the town. The best thing is, I promise you no one else will be sporting a similar look.
The classic bad-ass BD look. Needs no explanation. Wait maybe one, don't be afraid to sport it with a tank even if you aren't even remotely buff like me. Ladies will appreciate the small reprieve from the usual bombardment of roidmonkeys.

Leopard print, need I say more (although it looks like I scared away the rest of the dance floor...)?

K, this may be one look where I might have just slightly missed the mark. I was going for the offensive look, which i like to do from time to time (thus, the handlebars), so I combined a BD, sunglasses and Native American style bead necklace and tank. I personally think it works, and futhermore, kicks ass, but some people may frown upon it.

Nevertheless! Thats the beauty of fashion! I challenge you to wear something mildly offensive the next time you go out on the town, and just when you think your outti can't get anymore foul, tie on an ol' bandana and walk out the door, you'll thank me later.


1 comment:

  1. Offensive does not even come close to describing the handlebars!!! Nonetheless loved the post. Crude, offensive, appalling...all the things that fashion embodies. Do these rules work for the ladies as well? I feel like the BD may be an exclusive man-trend...perhaps? (hippie look is a personal fav)

    ReplyDelete